This article is for information only and doesn't call for any action.
I’ve never been skinny but I noticed that I kept gaining more and more weight. I decided to get a fit and healthy body by all means, so I stopped eating greasy and fried food and gave up hearty late meals. I went for the morning run and evening training sessions in the gym. I kept making my diet stricter and stricter, excluding meat, bread, fries, and sweets. I ended up eating fruits and vegetables and drinking nothing but water. Although my diet isn't that strict right now I'm trying to eat fruits instead of candies and etc.
Here are some of my favourite fruits that aren't just healthy but very delicious too:
What You Can Eat and What You Can't
You'd better like grapefruit -- a lot. Most versions of this diet recommend eating it with every meal.
The classic version of the diet involves:
- Cutting back on sugar and carbs (including rice, potatoes, and pasta)
- Avoiding certain foods, such as celery and white onion
- Eating more of foods that are high in protein, fat, and/or cholesterol(such as eggs, pork, and red meat)
- Eating grapefruit or grapefruit juice before or with every meal
Most variations also cut calories, some to as low as 800 calories per day.
On the diet, you also drink 8 glasses of water and 1 cup of coffee daily.
Level of Effort: Medium
Some versions of the grapefruit diet are really strict. Others are fairly flexible. Either way, you'll need to have a taste for the tart fruit.
Limitations: These depend on what version of the grapefruit diet you do.
Some versions curb carbs and bulk up on high-fat, high-cholesterol foods or cut calories drastically. Others just ask you to eat grapefruit at or before every meal, and you can pretty much eat whatever you want otherwise. The classic version involves combining foods (to get the alleged fat-burning effect), such as bacon and salad.
A medium-sized apple contains 4 grams of fiber (2).
This is 16% of the recommended fiber intake for women and 11% for men (9).
The fiber content is extremely high given the low calorie content of apples, making them an excellent food to help you reach your daily fiber recommendations.
Although this does depend on the type of fiber, but eating more fiber overall is linked to a lower body weight and a significantly reduced risk of obesity (10, 11).
Eating fiber may slow the digestion of food and make you feel more full with fewer calories. For this reason, foods high in fiber may help you eat fewer total calories overall, which helps you lose weight (12).
Fiber may also improve your digestive health and feed the friendly bacteria in your gut, which can also have benefits for metabolic health and weight control (10, 13).
BOTTOM LINE:Apples are rich in fiber, which may promote fullness and appetite reduction — and therefore weight control.
You are going to love the next few words that I’m about to type. Yes, pineapples are low in fat! Well, if you are missing on sweet after a light dinner, grab a slice of this sweet, low calorie fruit. This fruit has several other benefits that you might want to take a peep into. Scroll below:
- This delicious and sweet fruit will not only satiate your sweet tooth but will enrich your body with Vitamin C. This vitamin, as you know it, will provide all the resistance your body needs to fight against cold, flu etc. On the other hand, it is also abundant in antioxidants.
- If you are in dire need to munch on some snack then wait no more. Cut a pineapple because it is sure to fill your stomach as it is rich in fibres. This will keep your stomach busy for a while.
- Nutritionists suggest that it’s best not to take pineapple with other foods. This is because pineapple is rich in an enzyme called bromelain. This enzyme not only helps improve your body’s digestive process but will provide it with anti-inflammatory benefits. You better consume pineapple without other foods to get the best of anti-inflammatory properties from bromelain.
- Pineapple is also the storehouse of various minerals including manganese, thiamine and copper. These minerals help fight against free radicals as they are packed with antioxidants. Manganese is also a bone strengthening mineral.
- Another attribute of this fruit that contributes to weight loss is the very high water content. High water content foods have the ability to make you feel full for a while and are also essential for your body’s weight loss.
- Another reason why pineapples help shed a couple of pounds is the fact that it is a ticket to one of the golden rules in weight loss goals, and that is curbing appetite.