This article is for information only and doesn't call for any action.
Varicose veins treatment can consist of traditional pain and anti inflammatory medication, but may also be made up of folk remedies. The folk remedies may be effective in certain cases used as single treatment, but may also work well in conjunction with conventional treatment. Before, I could not walk normally, but now I can wear heels. Every day I smear this cream, so that varicose veins do not bother me anymore. This method of treating varicose veins helped me to live fully. The veins on the legs are no longer visible, and I no longer hide them
Epsom salt may be used in the bath water or to soak the feet affected by varicose veins. The salts, also known as magnesium sulfate, can improve magnesium deficiencies in the body. Magnesium is an essential compound of tissues. Also, the magnesium sulfate will be absorbed in the skin and this will result in decreased inflammation.
The Epsom salts should be used in the bath water. Two tbsp of magnesium sulfate should be added to each liter of water. The salts may also be used in dips to soak the feet for 10 minutes per day.
Some alternative medicine practitioners recommend alternating the hot soak with Epsom salts with cool soaks, which will improve the blood circulation and may reduce the size of the varicose veins. The Epsom salts can only be used externally and shouldn’t be ingested. However, there are a number of mineral waters that contain magnesium sulfate, but these have no proven benefits in people with varicose veins.
Aloe Vera may have numerous benefits on varicose veins. First, the gel can relieve itchiness, which is commonly met in patients with varicose veins. The gel can also reduce swelling and reduce pain. When massaged into the skin, the compound may improve the circulation.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another remedy that may be used in compressed on areas affected by varicose veins. This folk remedy is among the oldest cures existing for varicose veins.
The compresses should be applied 2 to 5 times per day, for at least 15 minutes. The varicose veins can get less inflamed. It may also help to keep the legs elevated while the compresses are applied. Water that contains 2 tbsp of vinegar may also be consumed once per day and may work in reducing the appearance of the varicose veins.
Other Folk Remedies
In addition to these three well known varicose vein remedies, there are also other folk remedies available including:
- A mixed drink containing 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and 3 tbsp of sugar added to a pint of lukewarm water can be consumed on a daily basis. The sugar may be replaced with honey.
- The administration of an aspirin per day can manage pain, but the drug can also have blood thinning effects, improving the blood circulation
- Col liver oil mixed with honey can be a topical solution and should be applied on the varicose veins and left overnight
- Garlic can act as a blood thinner and will improve the circulation of blood
- Cayenne pepper can make the blood thinner and is also beneficial for the blood flow. The cayenne pepper powder can be added to hot water and consumed as a tea.