This article is for information only and doesn't call for any action.
Regular skincare routine is vital for vibrant and youthful appearance. Besides cleanser, moisturizer, and serum you should also add face mask into the mix. Facial masks are gentle enough to nourish your skin. Every woman needs to be pampered from time to time, but busy lifestyle makes things difficult. There’s a solution; make a home made face mask for wrinkles and give your skin pampering it needs. How to make one such mask? We bring you some suggestions below.
When to Apply a Face Mask?
Although the idea of thehomemade mask for wrinkles seems simple and easy, you have to know when to apply it in order to achieve maximum results. Face masks should be an important part of your skincare routine, but you don’t have to apply it every single day. Ideally, you should apply your face mask two to three times a week, women with sensitive skin may need to apply their masks once a week only. The frequency depends on the type of the mask, ingredients, and your skin itself, but there is no need to apply it every day.
Now that we’ve covered how often to apply masks, we also have to discuss when it is time for a facial in regards to other parts of a skincare routine. It’s easy to think the order in skincare routine doesn’t matter, it is crucial for optimal results. Apply your face mask after cleansing your skin. Why? That’s because cleanser eliminates some impurities already and improves absorption of other products that come after it.
Basically, if you don’t apply face mask after cleansing your skin wouldn’t be able to absorb all the ingredients from it. It’s also handy to apply face mask after a shower because warm water has already opened up your pores thus making absorption easier.
Other things to bear in mind when applying face mask:
- Apply a moisturizer after washing off the mask
- Don’t leave the mask on for too long, wait five to 10 minutes before washing them off
- Don’t rub your face with a towel, pat it dry
- If applying the mask with fingers doesn’t seem practical, use brush instead
Carrot/Apple/Banana and Honey Mask
This is one of the easiest masks to make, yet it yields so many benefits. In order to make this face mask, you’ll have to choose the fruit you prefer (carrot, apple, or banana) and combine them with other ingredients. With regular use, once or twice a week, the mask will help erase wrinkles, tighten your skin, and make you look younger.
- Carrot, apple, or banana
- Egg white – 1
- Honey – 2 tsp
- Shred or mash the fruit of choice into a small bowl
- Add one beaten egg white into the bowl followed by two teaspoons of honey
- Stir to combine all ingredients
- Use your fingers or a cotton bowl to apply the mask on your clean skin
- Relax and allow mask to dry, it will take about 10 minutes
- Pat dry your skin
If you’re in the mood for some pampering, but don’t want to go to the store to buy ingredients for some other mask, just use bananas instead. Chances are high you always have a banana or two on your kitchen counter. For this recipe, you’ll just need two ripe bananas.
- Peel the skin and cut banana into chunks
- Add chunks into the blender
- Blend banana until it forms a smooth, paste-like consistency
- Apply the mask on face and neck
- Allow banana to dry, you’ll need 25 to 30 minutes (because it takes longer for bananas to dry when used on their own)